BECAUSE SOMEDAYS, YOU JUST NEED CARAMEL SLICE.
Posted on 29 September 2016
This caramel slice is amazing! Sure, it is ‘CLEAN’ (whatever that means is really open to interpretation), but it’s still a treat and will satisfy those hard hitting sugar cravings.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!!
1 cup dates (I used medjool, but regular pitted will work too)
1/2 cup almonds
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup dates (again I used medjool, and prefer them for the caramel)
1/2 coconut oil
1.5 tbls unhulled tahini (you can also use hulled if thats your preference)
1/3 cup pure prganic maple syrup
1 cup cashews (covered & soaked in water for an hour then rinsed)
1/3 cup water
RAW CHOCOLATE TOP LAYER:
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
* Pulse dates, almonds & coconut oil in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed.
* Place mixture into a slice tin lined with non-toxic greaseproof paper and press it down to form the base.
* Place in freezer.
* Place dates, coconut oil, tahini, maple syrup, cashews and water into a blender and pulse until completely combined and smooth (you may need to add a little extra water to help blend it but try to keep it to a minimum).
* Pour caramel misture on top of the base and return to freezer until set.
CHOCOLATE TOP LAYER
* Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao to a small saucepan on really low heat and stir until combined and resembles chocolate sauce (this will only take a couple of minutes).
* Spread the chocolate sauce on top of the caramel filling. Make sure the caramel is set before you do this step.
* Pop it back in the freezer for an hour and then remove from tin, slice it up. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge
Super yummy AND *refined sugar free *dairy free *gluten free!
You can follow Caitlin on Instagram!